Friday 8 April 2011

Taking on my first 'client' in over three years

My falling out with my long term friend has already led to a number of profound changes in my life. One of these is that I agreed to meet with a lady who I met some time ago and see if the ‘other side’ has a message for her about a recurring dream that has been on her mind on and off for a number of years.

Linda* is the wife of a business colleague. In the past, she has often asked me if I would help her but I’ve always been reluctant for the reasons I’ve mentioned many times in previous blogs. I relented after I ran into her and her husband in the city at the weekend. As I’ve stated often, I’ve never done this for money or charged a fee so she isn’t really a client (just a figure of speech). I don’t do this as a business and I don’t take myself that seriously! If it helps her in some way, that’s a bonus. Like I warned her, I have no proof of any of this and no idea what happens to me when I meditate and why.

I think the reason I asked her if she was still having the dream and still wanting to see if there was a message from the ‘other side’ was because I was both annoyed that my honesty in ‘coming out’ had caused the loss of a friendship and therefore, I wanted to prove or disprove this ‘ability’ once and for all. Somewhat childish of me I know but I’m nothing if not stubborn. And very simplistic and naïve to think that this will give me a definitive answer. I know it won’t.

Like many people I know, Linda and her husband are typical business types leading a life of work, kids and normality. Both are professionals but they also are quite open minded about topics such as religion and spirituality. They are guarded not forthright in the topics they discuss but I always felt at ease talking with them about the possibility of the afterlife.

I met them at their home two nights ago and we spoke about my falling out with my long term friend. We talked about proof, my search for meaning and evidence about all that I ‘see’ and ‘hear’ and my ‘coming out’ blog. To my surprise, Linda suggested that I write about her dream and what message, if any, I receive from the other side. While initially reluctant, I agreed to do so, possibly because I’m more determined than ever to just either just go with all this, find some evidence either way to prove myself right or wrong (I don’t mind either way) and because I’m still annoyed at what happened with my friend.

After we agreed that I would report on the process on this blog, I spent ten minutes in a quiet room in their house undergoing a quick meditation spiral (sometimes 10-15 minutes is all I need to prepare after many years of practice, although other times I require more time).

Linda then told me her dream that has been recurring on and off for about five years:

‘In my dream, I was driving a car very fast along what seemed like an elevated freeway. There were storm clouds on the horizon behind me and they seemed to be creeping up on me very fast. I kept an eye on them through the rear-vision mirror every chance I got but it was hard as I he was busy getting out of the way of cars coming in the opposite direction. The longer I drove against the traffic –yes, I was heading in the wrong direction – the more dangerous it became. Sitting behind me in the back seat was my daughter Melanie, she was older, dressed in clothes that an older person - like a grandmother- would wear and she had on an old hat. She was telling me to go faster, she was navigating, telling me how to avoid the cars and to hurry so we could avoid the storm clouds catching upon us from behind. Sweat was building on my forehead and I was very worried about it going into my eyes, because I felt it would make it impossible to see. I wanted to ask her to stop as the more she gave me directions from the back, the more out of control I felt while driving. Horns were blowing from the cars I narrowly missed and people screamed out from the side of the freeway, ‘You’re going in the wrong direction.’ My speed hit 160km an hour and the car was now out of control. ‘Stop, stop, stop,’ I called out to Melanie, who kept hounding me from the back.  The sweat ran off my forehead and into my eyes, stinging and blinding him. I called out for help. That was my dream.’

From very early on in Linda’s dream, I saw a conversion of about three shadows of light near where she was seated. It was confusing to me and somewhat distracting as I hadn’t seen this type of thing before. I got the strong feeling there were a number of ‘voices’ joined together as though they were all talking at the one time. This made it hard to fully understand what ‘noises’ and ‘messages’ were coming through but I wrote down what I could decipher while Linda recalled her dream.

Here is what I wrote down based on the message I received:

They say she needs to find a new path. She’s travelling in the wrong direction and could run into barriers. They say to open your eyes or she will continue to run into barriers. Sometimes you have your eyes closed to the possibilities and new directions that are right in front of you. You don’t want to see what is right in front of you. They say you need to get control, show her the right way, help her overcome the congestion that is in her mind and heart, point her in the right direction. They say you been resisting making changes and taking a new direction for too long.

There is an older man now trying to speak over the others. He says she is on a journey but growing up too quickly, going too fast in the wrong direction. He says you want to be in control but you are heading in the wrong direction too and that is what the car horns and people on the side are trying to alert you to. He says the storm clouds are warning you of trouble brewing and creeping up on you. Wipe the sweat from your eyes as you are becoming blinded by something that you can see if you want to but you are shutting off your mind to something that normally you would be able to see clearly. Watch out for that sharp object! He says you know Melanie is in trouble and she is yelling and screaming at you for help but you won’t act. He says you have to use your best judgement and see what is actually happening with her drug taking. He’s showing me a needle.

Half an hour later over a cup of tea, Linda and her husband confided in me that they had suspected their 20 year old daughter Melanie had been taking drugs for some time and was getting deeper into the drug scene to the point where her university studies were becoming affected. She said they had never felt they could confront her about it not what to do.

Linda said that based on the messages she received, they had to intervene now. She said her instincts had told her as much on many occasions but she had no idea how serious the problem was (she held her hand to her chest when I spoke of seeing a needle).

I’m sure with some introspection, Linda could have dealt into her dreams in detail herself or just followed her instincts. Some people can, others need some help. Others, I’ve found, are completely closed off and have little instinct. Sometimes, we all need a little guidance and direction to help us act, put all the pieces together or make a decision. I wish them luck and I hope this has helped in some way. They are good people. I left their house feeling good but as always, totally bemused by this supposed ability I have. Very confusing and surreal.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting - White Collar Medium!

    I can sort of relating to your frustration - though I will not call myself as a "medium" (in its traditional sense) but I am a very spiritual person with a more "sensing" ability.

    In my professional life, I am compelled to use reasons/rationality only - with no blend of any intuition.

    I am not sure for you - but for me I feel I am constantly in this contrast of "Reason" & "Intuition/Psychic". LOL.

    I have a few of my friends (not so much workmates or friends from my professional circles) who have been more and more interested in the spiritual side of life... I guess it must be the energy changes we are undergoing at the moment...

    Anyway, it is encouraging for me to realize that I am not alone, I am not the only "corporate spiritualist" out there?

    Use your ability kindly and trust more will join this quest for the universal unity...

    Take care!

    Soulee

    ReplyDelete