Friday 15 April 2011

What does a medium see, feel, hear, experience?

I’ve been asked this question a lot lately. People are intrigued to find out what it is I see, feel, hear or experience when I’m meditating and getting messages from the other side. Is it like hypnosis I’m often asked? Do you feel like you are in another place, is another question? Is it like an out of body experience?

From my experience, when I ‘spiral’(my term for how I meditate), the closest experience I can relate to from a layperson’s point of view is I think similar to what people experience when undergoing hypnotherapy or hypnosis. That’s why I relate so closely to the regression therapy work of Dr Brian Weiss and Michael Newton Ph.D.  My experiences are quite similar to their case studies and I’m in an almost semi conscious state when I meditate.

When I’m involved in dream groups or on the occasions I’ve acted as a medium for people wanting to connect with and receive messages from the other side, I feel like I’m in a very relaxed state, part meditative and yet fully aware of my surrounds. Have you ever met or with or spoken with someone on the phone and immediately felt so relaxed in their presence or the sound of their voice that you never want the conversation to end? That’s how relaxed and calm I feel when I’m ‘conversing’ with the other side.

Then it begins. And it is not always the same. On occasions I will see various shades of lights and shapes near people - like auras. On those occasions, I know the messages from the other side will be easier to pick up on.

Other times, I’ll feel something that is just not able to be explained like a cooling of the temperature in one part of the room. I’m not always comfortable with that feeling as it is sudden and often gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach. Several times when I’ve experienced this feeling and coldness, I’ve seen the outline of shadows and have just felt that these are souls that have yet to fully pass to the other side.

On other occasions, I ‘see’ something that you would normally see in a dream or if you imagined something. It is like a seed is planted in my mind but unlike dreams or daydreams or one’s imagination, this feeling is doesn’t disappear in a hurry and at the same time, I can ‘hear’ words banging away in my brain or an intuitive almost ‘gut feel’ that something is trying to get a message to me.  

The best way to explain this is to give you an example. I got an email the other day from a person asking whether I’d be willing to do a reading or see if there was a message for them from the other side. As soon as I opened the email, I had a vision of a man with slick dark hair standing there in front of me wanting to communicate. It was so strong it felt like the feeling you get when you go outside some days and get hit by a blast of cool air on your face.

I tried to ignore ‘him’ but later that night, he wouldn’t leave my mind and was standing there swinging a hula hoop around his waist. In other words, I wasn’t paying attention initially and he is trying very hard to get through to me. For some reason, the hula hoop is now firmly implanted on my mind and it will have some significance for the person I meet with shortly to try and connect with the other side.

For a long time, I only spoke to the soul or spirit I ‘sense’ is my grandma. Then, as I meditated more often and did more work, I opened myself up to receive more messages from a variety of spirits and souls from the other side. Now, it’s open season!

I hope that sheds some light on my experiences. It is not like opening a book nor turning on the television to hear the news. It is an experience like no other that I can explain and it has a number of layers and unexplainable sides to it.

My only 'recommendation' is to try and meditate (practice, practice, practice) and see what evolves. In all honesty, it can't do you any harm. I’m ‘told’ that mankind will one day get to the point of being able to understand parapsychology and the afterlife. Despite the rapid advances in science and our understanding of quantum psychics, we are a way off yet apparently.

Many, many millions of us have still to pass to the other side and then guide the rest still living on earth as well as return as souls within humans. Not my story – just what I’ve been ‘told.

2 comments:

  1. One question I do have is with the human population growing all the time, does this mean "new" souls are being created?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd, I wish I had the definitive answer like everyone else. The best I can come up with is this. Last night,I meditated on your question. For some reason, it was a struggle to connect with the other side. However, I did get a message of sorts from spirit I hadn't encountered before. It was to do with how bees pollinate flowers and how a similar process (but far more involved)is used by very high level spirits ('his' words not mine)to 'pollinate' humans at birth. Some of these souls can be reincarnated, some are from the pollination process ie one soul infusing into many humans. Hard to believe without having proof and it seems crazy even as I write but this is what came through to me from the other side.

    The various books by Brian Weiss and Michael Newton go into this subject and the re-birthing of souls process in much more detail and put it far better than I do and may be more accurate than what I received. It is worth a read.

    Sorry I couldn't be clearer. And who knows if it is a true reflection of what really happens inside us. At times, I've got extremely frustrated not being able to get a straight answer from all this 'talk' with the other side.

    It would make all our lives a lot simpler if we really knew the truth!

    ReplyDelete