Wednesday 16 March 2011

Hearing from the other side

For me to connect with the sprit or the presence I know as my grandma or the many other unexplained ‘individuals’ from the other side that have felt the need to ‘visit me’ over the past decade or so, the process is definitely helped along by meditation. 

As I briefly mentioned in an earlier blog, it is a process I call spiralling – for two reasons. One, because I feel like I’m spiralling into the earth when I begin to meditate. Secondly, I feel the presence of a warm, golden light filtering slowly through my body, almost like I have a funnel at the top of my head that opens to allow this light to come in from wherever it emanates.

I know there are far more learned individuals and experts than I who can wax lyrical about the benefits of meditation. I can only agree. If nothing else, meditation makes me feel like the most relaxed, focussed and calm human being on the planet.

The night of my grandma’s first appearance at the dream analysis workshop, I had a more profound experience if that was at all possible and one that really shook me up.

Ten years down the track, I still look back in awe of that first night. In the hundreds of ‘visits’ from grandma and the others since that night, I’ve had many ‘discussions’ and messages from the spirits that I’m more than happy to share with you in coming months as I write of my experiences. I haven’t read the book series Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch but I resonate with what he has experienced, except we are both having conversations with a different presence.

But back to that night following the first dream group.

I remember feeling extremely tired but I can’t remember a time before of since when my mind has been so clear, so charged and so receptive.

While my body wasn’t willing anything other than sleep, I felt compelled to ‘spiral’ that night.

I don’t remember much of the meditation process that night in bed but I do remember the ‘chat’ with grandma.

Me: I need to understand why? And why now as well.

Grandma: You are finally awake darling.

Me: Awake?

Grandma: I’ve been trying to reach you for some time.

Me: How?

Grandma: How are your headaches?

Me: I’m not sure. Tonight my mind felt as clear and untroubled as I can ever recall. Is that what you are saying, my headaches were you?

Grandma: A combination of me trying to contact you and you being blocked to receiving me. I’m glad I finally got through.

Me: I’m still unsure about how that happened.

Grandma: We found a conduit. The dream group.

Me:  So if I hadn’t met that guy at dinner and had the suggestion planted about the dream group, this wouldn’t have happened and I’d still be walking around experiencing headaches? Talk about fate.

Grandma: Fate is a word many people use. Perhaps you should think about things happen for a reason.

Me: Why me, why now? This happening to me is what I mean?

Grandma: You are ready. It will help you, it will help others. Meditate, open your mind and I will be there. There is a purpose to this, for you and for others. Rest now. You have lots to see and experience, slowly until you understand and grow.

I remember as clear as if it happened yesterday that I awoke in a lather of sweat at 3.10am and wrote this down in my dream notebook. It was the middle of winter yet my hair and t-shirt were drenched like I was trying to get to sleep on a balmy summer’s evening near the equator.

Since that night, my life has not been the same. I’ve gone about my normal western experience – corporate career, family, all the usual stuff while keeping this all to myself, except for the people who were in my dream group, my current partner and ‘grandma’ and the other ‘visitors.’

Some of the things I’ve ‘seen’ and ‘heard’ I still have doubts about and at the opposite end of the scale, some things that are passed on to me from the other side (or wherever it comes from), makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I’ve been ‘told’ and ‘discussed’ with grandma and the others, subjects such as: Is there a God? the purpose of life and been ‘shown’ advanced souls – people who many of us know well who are living extraordinary lives on earth for a reason and have similar characteristics. On the down side, I’ve had the unfortunate experience of looking at someone and getting a terrible feeling that they haven’t long to live.  I will discuss these down the track.

Next time, I’ll share some of the other dream group experiences I had when I again dared venture beyond my comfort zone and ‘heard’ the messages from the other side.

Please be assured, while I have little control over any of this that I experience, I deeply respect whatever it is that I go through. While it is a cathartic experience for me personally to be able to writer about and share these experiences, I do so often with feelings of trepidation as I really fail to understand all this and why it happens to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment