Monday 28 March 2011

My ‘supposed’ purpose

Like most, I always reel in shock when I read in the media about an apparently normal person or pillar of the community reveals they have been leading a double life in some good or bad way.

While my double life was nothing sordid, it is not what would society would consider 'normal.  Therefore, I’ve often felt a sense of nervousness when I think about having to reveal my ‘special abilities’ to friends, family or the wider world.

The first two groups I haven’t yet been able to work up the courage to speak to about all this. This blog is an attempt to begin the process to the third group in the hope it makes it easier to tell friends and family at some stage.

Why so hard you say? There are thousands upon thousands of people claiming psychic expertise of one sort or another. Why are you any different?

I think it comes down to my conservative personality and my inability to be fully convinced about this 'gift.'  I’m not one for putting myself on a pedestal, being the centre of attention or boasting about my abilities whether in business or day to day life.

But speaking out is something that I have felt compelled to undertake because of the continual ‘urgings’ over the past decade from grandma and several visitors from the other side.

In fact, it was the subject of one of the very first ‘discussions’ I had with grandma when she appeared soon after I started the dream groups and serious meditation. She hasn’t let up since and it even got to the point where I'm sure some of the others have been co-opted into her plan to have me go public! I finally relented by starting this blog.

I first began this conversation with grandma in 2001.

Me: I’m struggling to come to terms with the belief I’m actually talking to you and not dreaming, or going insane. Why would you want me to go public.

Grandma: There is a purpose in all of this.

Me: I can’t see it. Do I have to work it out?

Grandma:  Some you will work out as you experience what you need to experience. I’m here to help you with the steps you need to take in the broader plan.

Me: You’ve lost me.

Grandma: I’ll help. Darling, on earth you go through a process of growing up, being educated and gaining enough experience to hopefully lead a life of purpose that allows you and society to feel like you are making a contribution.

Me: I’m not sure I am.

Grandma: That’s why I’m here.

Me: Am I? Leading a purposeful life?

Grandma: What do you think?
                                                  
Me: I work hard, think I’m a good father and generally do the right thing. If I’m being honest, I’m not really convinced I’m doing anything that makes a huge difference and I’m not sure what my purpose is beyond that. I’m not unhappy but....

Grandma: Is there something else?

Me: That’s it. I mean I do ask if there is something else. But my main question now seems to be why this is happening. I mean you being around and the headaches stopping. It’s not easy to comprehend. Doesn’t fit with my logical side.

Grandma: Darling, you are doing fine. But there is a greater purpose for you. Going right back to why you chose the subjects you did at school, what subjects you excelled in at school, why that then led you to journalism, then communications and what you have planned for you next.

Me: By whom?

Grandma: By a greater source. That will be explained later. Just accept for now. We need to take small steps in getting you to where you are headed next. All before has been a preparation, your education, your career, your purpose up until now. You are awake now to where you need to head, your new purpose and the reason why you are on this earth at this time and in this life.

Me: This is all too confusing.

Grandma: It will get progressively easier if you have patience and accept. I’ll always be here for you to help.

Me: I’m tired. I don’t really understand.

Grandma: Darling, we will talk many times for many years. We have only begun.

Me: OK. I want to know about the career purpose. Do I have another career path?

Grandma: No. You are preparing for and getting experience in communicating something that will not be accepted by most and understood by even less.

Me: Sounds no different to some of the issues and problem jobs I’ve had to manage for companies that the public hate!

Grandma: This is far tougher. You will be communicating for the other side. From myself and others. Messages about things that the human mind won’t or doesn’t want to comprehend or accept. That is your purpose. To help people accept. In this life, there isn’t enough time for you to be able to convince people to comprehend or understand. The human mind isn’t and won’t be able to do that for some time yet. But you will convince many, many people to accept and question. It isn’t your purpose alone. You’ll have help from other communicators. You’ll see and understand who they are and how they do it at a later time.

Me: What if I don’t want to do this. Can’t do it?

Grandma: I’ll help you find a way that you can accept and understand that this is what you are here to do.

I fought Grandma and her ‘helpers’ for over a decade. She has never forced me and been anything other than supportive and encouraging. In your own time she has repeated to me often. The time just never felt right. Now it does and there is a lot to reveal.

I’m interstate for the rest of this week on my day to day job – corporate life. When I’m back, I’ll share some revelations about the purpose of our day to day work lives, church and religion. I’ve had many discussions with Grandma and the others about day to day life on earth. I hope you find it interesting.                      

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I came across your blog (hat tip: Robert McCluhan). There is so much junk out there regarding psi and the continuation of consciousness, that a blog like this is a rare treat. Your healthy scepticism while in the midst of the experience is refreshing, and gives weight to your honesty. I have this bookmarked.
    Godspeed on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RabbitDawg. Personally, I'd love science to hook me up to a machine and tell me this is all a part of an over active part of my brain but as it stands, what I experience is what I report. I've seen so many 'flakes' claiming super natural powers that to be considered part of that scene is not what I'm about. If it helps myself and others that I report on and come to an understanding about my experiences. I'll be happy.Thanks

    ReplyDelete